A fast CSV file viewer that works on large files. CSV data is imported into SQLite for fast, accurate processing.
It's a Pivot Table for analyzing and exploring data in SQL data sources.
Designed to fit in to the workflow of data engineers and data scientists.
Tad 0.8.5 - Jun 28, 2017
A packaged installer for Tad is available for macOS, Linux and Windows.
Tad is still new and under development so there is a reasonable chance you'll encounter bugs, UI annoyances, and corner cases while using Tad. Please report them via Help...Send Feedback.
If you're comfortable with that caveat, pick your platform and install:
The above releases, along with a few additional formats (such as .rpm for RPM-based Linux Systems) are available at the Tad Releases Page on github.
To send feedback or report bugs, please email email@example.com.
To learn about new releases of Tad, please sign up for the Tad Users mailing list.
This is a low bandwidth list purely for Tad-related announcements; no spam. Your email will never be used for third party advertising and will not be sold, shared or disclosed to anyone.
Tad 0.8.5 - June 28, 2017
- European CSV support - support for
,as field separator.
- IN and NOT IN operators, with interactive search and auto-complete UI.
--no-headersoption for opening CSV files with no header row.
- Scientific Notation as format option for real number column type.
- Add missing negated operators (not equal, does not contain, etc.) to filter editor.
- Fix issue with Copy operation picking up incorrect cell ranges.
- Fix issue in file format when saving / loading per-column format info.
Tad 0.8.4 - May 29, 2017
- Rudimentary filters - simple list of predicates combined with AND or OR
- Simple rectangular range selection and copy to clipboard
- Footer showing row count information: Total Rows, Filtered Rows, Current View
- Cross-Platform: First release for macOS, Linux and Windows
- Sample CSV file included with distribution, linked in Quick Start Guide.
- Pivoting on columns containing backslashes now works.
- Improve error reporting of SQLITE errors when creating table during import.
- Allow filenames that are all digits.
- Correct handling of duplicate column identifiers that differ in upper/lower case.
- Replace auto-create of symbolic link in
/usr/local/binwith self-serve instructions in quick start guide.
Tad 0.8.3 - April 17, 2017
- Tad can now be used to explore saved sqlite3 database files. For example, to explore table
expensesin sqlite db file
$ tad sqlite:///data/accounts.sqlite/expenses(Note that there are 3 slashes following
Tad 0.8.2 - April 12, 2017
- Fix critical bug in pivoting by non-text columns
Tad 0.8.1 - April 9, 2017
- Add support for Tab Separated Value (.tsv) files
- Fix numerous issues with scrollbars and resizing of main window
- Better support for long column names / many columns
Tad 0.8.0 - April 5, 2017
(Initial Public Release)